Build the First Node of a Conversation Tree
What comes after the Tree? The Node.
A Node is a set of message response(s) that can be triggered by following a designated path and trigger. A tree is basically layers of connected tree nodes. The First Node usually refers to the first message response of a Chatbot, and it is always a Tree Node.
In the following time, we are going to adopt the following conversation tree diagram as the skeleton of your first chatbot:
Both chatbot reply and final result are nodes while the user action is the trigger that can leads you to those nodes following the correct path. The whole structure is a conversation tree.
You can find your created first node in your workspace.
Add the First Node
Enter your Bot Builder and starting building your tree.
- Select "+" on right top corner of workspace.
- Select "+ Tree Node".
- After that, a panel will be revealed on the right. This is the Node Inspector.
- Fill in the node name and description. Remember to save the node first.
Build a Response
- Scroll down to "Responses" and click "+ New Response". Now, we are going to create the response of our first node, that is "Hi, what do you want to do?"
- A new window of Response Builder will be opened. You can first name this response.
- Open the platform tab. Then, select "Add Platform".
- Select "WhatsApp Cloud" from the dropdown list.
Create Reply Button
- Select "Reply Button" as the response type. Select a "Header" type, and enter the content for header and body.
- Select "+ Buttons".
- Create a button with a "title" and a case-sensitive "payload".
- Create another button. Then, save the response.
- Finally, save the tree node.