Create Comment Reply
Comment Reply is a feature that allows your bot to react to users' comments on a Facebook post. You can apply it to either a specific post or all posts under a page.
When the bot the triggered by a user's comment, you can either send a Public Reply or a Inbox Reply.
- Public Reply refers to the message that the bot will reply in your post's comment section.
- Inbox Reply refers to other message types that the bot will send to the user's inbox.
You are able to connect the chatbot to your Facebook post, and successfully receive a Comment Reply and a Inbox Reply.
You may download a sample result tree to cross check with your chatbot!
Create Comment Reply Message
Enter your Bot Builder.
Create a new tree.
Then, create the first node of this tree, which is for sending the comment reply messages.
- Create a new response. Click "Add Platform", and select the "Facebook Integration".
- Select "Public Reply" from the dropdown, and fill in the text content. This will appear as a reply in the comment section of your post.
- Select "More Response".
- Select "Like Comment", this response will automatically like the user's comment on behalf of your page.
- Select "More Response" again, create a text response. This text response will appear in user's inbox.
- Click "+Quick Replies", create quick reply button with title and a case sensitive payload. Finally, remember to "Save" the response.
Create Comment Trigger
After that, you need to decide when will the comment reply be triggered.
- Create a Global Node for triggering the comment reply.
- Create a trigger and select "Facebook Comment".
- If you want to apply the comment reply to all the posts under a page, choose "Specific Post".
- Select the relevant Facebook Integration and Post.
- Select "+ Keywords Group" and add your keyword.
Please note that the All Post comment trigger is supported in Facebook Integration v1.2.0
- If you want to apply the comment reply to all the posts under a page, choose "All Post" and then add your keyword.
- After saving the trigger settings, switch on "Redirect" and link back to the first node and save this global node.
Create Follow-up Inbox Message
- Create a new general node for following up the previous inbox message.
- Create a "Payload" trigger, and match the payload with the quick reply you have set up in the previous node.
- Create a new response and input the relevant content.
Add Tree into Channel
- Head to "Channels", click "Edit" to enter the Facebook channel.
- Go to your corresponding channel and add back the tree you have just created for this public/private bot. Remember to select the global node and click "Save".