Comment Reply is a feature that allows your bot to react to users' comments on a Facebook post.
In short, Public Reply refers to the message which the bot will reply in your post's comment section. Apart from that, the bot can also inbox users privately on behalf of your Facebook page.
For this section, you will learn how to connect the chatbot to your Facebook posts on WOZTELL.
You are able to connect the chatbot to your Facebook post, and successfully receive a Comment Reply and a Inbox Reply.
You may download a sample result tree to cross check with your chatbot!
Create a Comment Reply Node
Enter your Bot Builder.
Create a new tree and name it as Comment Reply Tree.
Then, create the first node of this tree. Fill in the node details.
- Create a new response. Click "Add Platform", and select Facebook.
- Select "Public Reply" from the dropdown, and fill in the text content. This will appear as a reply in the comment section of your post.
- Select "More Response".
- Select "Like Comment", this response will automatically like the user's comment on behalf of your page.
- Select "More Response" again, create a text response. This text response will appear in user's inbox, asking them to check out the special menu.
- Click "+Quick Replies", create a quick reply "Yes" with the payload "HIDDEN_MENU", so that the users can click the button to proceed.
Create Global Node
- Create a Global Node for triggering the comment reply.
- Create a trigger, select the type Facebook Comment. Enter the relevant Facebook Page ID and Post ID (You can refer to the previous section).
The dropdown list will be able to get Post ID and Page ID from your Facebook Integration.
- Fill in the comment keywords "Hidden Menu" as you specify on the post.
- Toggle on "Redirect" back to the first node and save this global node.
Create a Tree Node to Send Hidden Menu
- Then, repeat the same steps to create the tree node to send out the hidden menu.
- Create a new response under the platform "Facebook", select "Button" and fill in the text field. Then click "+ Buttons".
- Select "URL" as the button type, fill in the Title and Image URL.
- Create a new global node for triggering the "Send Hidden Menu" tree node.
- Create a keyword trigger for this global node.
- Redirect to the "Send Hidden Menu" tree node and remember to "Save" this node.
Add Tree into Channel
- Head to "Channels", click "Edit" to enter the Facebook channel.
- Go to your corresponding channel and add back the tree you have just created for this public/private bot. Remember to select the global node and click "Save".