A Node is a set of message response(s) that can be triggered by following a designated path and trigger. A chatbot is basically a combination of nodes. Within a chatbot structure, there are three types of node: General Node and Global Node and Transformer Node.
What is General Node?
The Node used in the Tree Node Graph is called General Node or Tree Node, which can be found at the workspace. It is the most basic type of node.
What is Global Node?
A Global Node is derived from tree node and is a message response that can be triggered in anywhere within the conversation flow. Therefore, users don't necessarily need to follow the the designated path or trigger to receive the message. Global node is a must for actions that can be taken at anytime.
Global node is often used in the following situations:
- You want to set up different URL parameters which all lead to the same destination
- You want to allow certain buttons to be clicked repeatedly
- You want to put that button on the persistent menu
What is Transformer Node?
Transformer Node is a category of node, alongside with General Node (Tree Node) and Global Node.
Unlike a general node, a Transformer Node is not responsible for sending out message to the end user. Instead, it allows you to transform and modify the incoming event. After that, the processed event can enter the node matching again and be able to trigger the child node.
- Transformer node does not become a muted node even it's priority is less or equal to
- If "Redirect" is enabled in a transformer node, the modified event will be passed to the redirecting node, instead of triggering the child node.
- The trigger of transformer node only reacts to events from parent node, but Global Transformer Node will soon be supported.
What is Global Transformer Node?
A Global Transformer Node is derived from Transformer Node. It can be triggered in anywhere within the conversation flow, and the processed event can be passed on by redirecting to another node. It offers more flexibility for apply transformer node to the chatbot flow.
Node Drawer is the top section located right below the main menu blue bar. It acts as a storeroom of all your created Global Nodes and able to search a node in the search box on the left.
Click here to start working in your workspace.
- Click the "+" button at the top right corner. You can choose to "+ Tree Node" or "+ Global Node".
- Once you click the button, a new node will be created and you could edit the node information at the Node Inspector on the right. Please refer to Node Inspector section for more details.
You can search through all Tree Nodes and Global Nodes at the search box by the name or description of nodes. When you click one of the nodes, the node will be highlighted in the color you choose. and its details will be shown on the right. It helps you navigate through nodes quickly when your chatbot is getting into massive size.